When I saw these adorable bunnies from Knitting at KNoon's Bunny Hop Pattern in January I knew I would be soon be making them for Easter on The Purl Bee. Like the Knitting at KNoon SnoBuddy family I made 2 winters ago, I think these bunnies are among the cutest knit toys I've ever seen!
The bunnies have lots of parts: bodies, ears, arms, feet and charming accessories, but still I managed to make the four of them pictured here over just three evenings after my daughter's bedtime.
Like the snowmen, it was the accessories for each bunny that made them come to life. I especially loved knitting the sweet tiny carrot that the little boy bunny is holding.
If you'd like to make your own Bunny Hop Family to look like mine, here is what you'll need:
For the bodies, feet, arms, ears and pom pom tail:
- 2 skeins Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino in Snow (one skein will make both adult bunnies, OR 3 children bunnies).
- US size 6 double pointed needles (or a US 6, 40" circular needle if you prefer to use the magic loop method of knitting in the round)
- Clover Extra Small Pom Pom Maker
For the accessories, eyes and noses, 1 skein each Gumnuts Blossoms Needlepoint Yarn as follows:
- Flower stems and carrot top: color 608
- Flowers: color 709
- Carrot: color 787
- Apron: color 843 for the apron, plus small bits of 785 and 706 for the bows
- Kerchief: colors 909, 961 and 859
For the accessories I used US size 4 double pointed needles
Happy Easter! -- Jen